Level 2 Award in HACCP
The level 2 training course provides a basic working knowledge of HACCP and includes many exercises to allow trainees to have a go at putting the principles into practice. This is ideal for key operatives or supervisors who may be additional members of the HACCP team or those supervising CCP monitors. Level 2 may be suitable for team members in smaller or lower risk operations.
We offer HACCP Level 2 award in both food manufacturing and catering.
Why choose us?
We find with Level 2 HACCP courses that a more bespoke and company specific version is needed to prevent unnecessary topics being covered. This give a more targetted approach for the day to improve the focus of attendees which overall will improve your teams comptency.
Aimed at: Key Operatives or Supervisors
Duration: 1 day
Aim: To provide a basic understanding of how HACCP works
Examining Body: RSPH or HABC
- The need for a HACCP system
- HACCP & legislation
- The 7 HACCP principles
- Before HACCP begins
- Preparation of HACCP plan
- Verification and maintenance
- Documentation and record keeping
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain the need for a HACCP system.
- State the principles and terminology relating to HACCP, by being able to:
- Describe the basic principles of HACCP
- Define terms relating to HACCP
- Relate HACCP principles to practical situations, by being able to:
- Outline the preparation of a HACCP plan
- Explain how to implement the HACCP plan and identify potential problems
- State how to verify and maintain HACCP systems
- Have a basic working knowledge of how to apply the principles in your business.
- RSPH: A 30 question multiple-choice examination to be completed in 30 minutes
- HABC: A 30 question multiple-choice examination to be completed in 1 hour
- None recommended
- A Level 2 food safety qualification is useful for understanding food safety hazards and controls