Food Defence: Assessing Raw Materials and On-Site Threats (VACCP & TACCP)
Why choose us?
- We have developed and published our own new VACCP & TACCP methodology for the assessment of threats and vulnerabilities, which is recognised by leading retailers. Delegates receive a copy of our 2nd edition pioneering book ‘Assessing Threat Vulnerability for Food Defence’
- The course shows how to complete the vulnerability assessments with examples and templates to complete your company food defence plan/program
- Methodical approach which runs alongside the book to give you a checklist to complete your vulnerability and threat risk assessments
- Our course is packed full of interaction and exercises to challenge thinking and develop competency
- The methodology in the book has been endorsed by Professor Chris Elliott
Is food fraud your biggest worry? Do you need a plan to help mitigate this from your supply chain? Our one-day Food Defence course will take you through new methodology which combines VACCP & TACCP into one easy, yet robust, vulnerability risk assessment.
The course will explain how the methodology can be applied to both raw materials and to a wider context of threats and vulnerabilities on-site and within the distribution chain.
The aim of the course is to give you the complete tool kit, including worked examples, templates and checklists, to give you everything you need to complete your food defence plan/program.
- Background to food defence
- The need for a threat & vulnerability assessment
- Parallels with HACCP
- Assessing threat impact & vulnerability
- Identifying threat management techniques
- Vulnerable Threat Points
- Implementing & maintaining the system
- Horizon scanning
Technical, procurement, NPD managers and others in the TACCP/VACCP team
No formal assessment, certificate of attendance
Adele Adams Associates Ltd
Good starting point and guidance to put a system in place
Food Defence: Loscoe Chilled Foods – April 2018
Amazing course. Very informative and plenty of practical examples. Good mix of theory, practical exercises and case studies
Food Defence: Open course – Leeds – July 2018
Frequently asked questions
Q: What sections of the supply chain does your course cover?
A: Our new Food Defence course covers the whole end-to-end supply chain, from the source of raw materials right through to the end consumer. It’s split into two easy sections: the raw materials supply chain and the product/on-site threats. We use lots of simple graphics to show how it all fits together.
Q: I’ve already attended the M&S Product Integrity course? Does this mean I shouldn’t attend this course?
A: The M&S Product Integrity course taught before January 2018 used the first edition of the book, everything taught in terms of Raw Materials Vulnerability Assessment is still valid; the methodology has been slightly tweaked. The new Food Defence course has additional focus on on-site threats assessment which hasn’t been covered within the M&S Product Integrity course. So there will be a level of repetition for the Raw Materials part of the course, but the On-Site Threats part is new to you. We can offer a further 10% off those who have already completed the M&S Product Integrity course. Email us on email@example.com for your discount code.