1. What is your new PO system?
Over the past few years an increasing number of our valued customers have required us to utilise a Purchase Order (PO) number system in order to receive payment. We are being asked to use POs as authorisation for bookings and to ensure that POs are quoted on confirmations and invoices.
In order to support our customers and align our ways of working, from January 2020 Adele Adams Associates will be adopting a Purchase Order number system. When making a booking, and in order to confirm a training course or date, all customers will be asked to provide a PO as confirmation. We will then ensure that the PO is quoted in correspondence and stated on our invoices.
2. I need to raise a PO for the full amount of the course including expenses, can you help?
We can estimate exam fees and the expenses for you to help you raise your PO. This will be split into four different sections:
- Accommodation (where necessary)
- Exam Fees
We cannot confirm exactly what these amounts will be until after the course, however, we can give you an estimate based on local hotels, a flat rate of subsistence, and use Google Maps to calculate the mileage.
3. I need to raise a PO using estimates but cannot change the figure afterwards, how can you help?
If you need to raise a PO but it has to be fixed and cannot be changed after the expenses and exam fees have been confirmed, then we can do one of two things:
- Raise a PO for the course fee only as this will be a fixed cost. You then raise a separate PO for the expenses after the course. We can then raise two Invoices, one for the course (either before or after the course has taken place) and then another for the expenses and exam fees (if applicable) after the course. We wouldn’t require this second PO before the course.
- We use estimates for all expenses and then invoice based on these estimated amounts. If your course includes exam fees we would invoice for the agreed course maximum of 12 delegates, unless you specifically confirmed fewer delegates when raising the PO (if the agreed minimum number of delegates was exceeded we would invoice separately for the outstanding exam fees).
4. My company doesn’t use POs, what do I do?
If your company doesn’t use POs, please let us know and we can use your name as a PO number. We cannot accept names as POs for companies who do use PO numbers.
1. How to get a replacement certificate
Getting a replacement certificate can take a little while if it is through the exam board, as you will need to fill in a form and post it to them.
If your certificate is from ourselves, e.g. not an accredited exam board certificate, we can send this through to you on the same day if the request is before 1pm.
Please note, we do not keep copies of any certificates from the exam board.
2. How do I get a replacement certificate from an exam board?
Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC)
To obtain a replacement certificate from HABC you will need to download and complete this form: Download this form
The prices are as follows: £15 + VAT for hard copy, £7.50 + VAT for electronic version.
If you’d prefer us to fill in the form and send it to them, this will take slightly longer as the certificate will come to us first, then to you.
Applicable for the following courses from 2015: Level 2 HACCP, Level 4 HACCP, Level 2 Food Safety, Level 3 Food Safety, Level 4 Food Safety & Level 3 Effective Auditing & Inspection Skills.
Royal Society for Protection of Health (RSPH)
The prices are as follows: £30 + VAT for a hard copy.
Only centres can apply for this, so please contact us to get a copy of your RSPH certificate.
Applicable for the following courses from 2015: Level 3 HACCP
If you have attended a course before 2015, please get in touch with us as the exam boards may be different from above.
3. I’m in the middle of an audit and I need training evidence! Help!
It’s not ideal, but does happen, especially moving from past roles.
Unfortunately, we do not store copies of the exam boards certificates however, we can provide proof from the exam board that delegates have taken the exam, and also their mark on the course. If you then wish to get a replacement certificate, please click on the above link.
If your course was accredited through ourselves, we can send a replacement e-certificate to you the same day, if you email us before 1pm. If you require a hard copy we can send it next day if requested before 1pm.
4. I need evidence of your trainers certificate for my audit, how can you help?
We can send evidence of our trainer’s training certificates and also their qualifications on certain courses. Please email us as soon as you know what you need, and we’ll endeavour to get send through to you the same day.
1. What happens when I book onto a course?
On signing up to the course, we will send you emails regarding the course. We will send them out upon receiving your booking, 1 month before the course, 2 weeks before and a couple of days before the course starts as reminders.
Within this, you will:
- Be reminded of the venue, location and dates. This is also on your order form when you booked onto a course. We will send you a venue location sheet with directions and suggested accommodation.
- Be informed of the start and end times for the days of the course (usually 9.30am start)
- Be told what you need to bring with you
- Be informed if you are going to be receiving a pack before the course with pre-course exercises to complete and bring with you.
If you do not hear from us after booking, please can you contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Sometimes our emails may go into spam folders, this can be easily rectified by sending your IT department an email asking them to add our emails to a ‘safe list’ with emails ending in @adeleadamsassociates.co.uk.
2. Is accommodation included in the fee?
No, the fee does not include accommodation. We do not to hold any rooms at suggested venues at a special rate. We usually find venues with either accommodation on-site or close-by. We send suggested accommodation out about 1 month before the course.
3. How do I pay for an open course?
We have two options for paying for an open course:
- Via credit card payment – this is the quickest way to pay
- Via invoice payment – ideally with a PO number ready, you can select payment via invoice and we will send an invoice through to your accounts department. There is a form to fill in when checking out which needs your accounts department contact details and the PO number to use. If you do not have a PO ready, please ensure this is sent to us as soon as possible as we will require this to secure your booking.
4. What are the payment terms for an open course?
We ask for payment within 30 days of invoicing for all courses. We also need the course to be paid for 21 calendar days before the course starts to ensure your place is confirmed.
5. I now cannot attend the open course, what do I do?
If you cannot attend a course please contact us urgently. There are two options open to you:
- If it’s outside of 10 working days before the course, we are able to move you onto another date of the same course or you can send someone else to the same course
- If it’s within 10 working days, we are unable to move your free of charge, but you are able send someone else instead. If you did want to move to another course, you would have to pay for this place, and again for the new place on the next course as per our Terms and Conditions as stated on the website and agreed to on booking.
1. I want to book one of your in-house courses, what do I do?
If you’d like to find out more about one of our courses, please contact us. You can do this via the course page, or via email@example.com.
We will send you information about the course, and also let you know the course costs and any exam fees. All our courses have the additional cost of trainer expenses. See the above section on PO number system for more details.
We will give you an idea of trainer availability and send a potential date. We can hold this date for up to 1 month.
At the point you are ready to confirm the date, we will need a PO. Please see the section above on POs for more details.
2. What are the timings for the in-house courses?
This depends on each course. Our in-house courses usually start at 9am and finish at 5pm, but this does differ per course.
Your trainer will arrive approximately 45 minutes before the course starts. We will require the name and, ideally the mobile number, of a site contact who will be able to meet our trainer on arrival.
3. How do I pay for an in-house course?
We have two options for paying for an in-house course:
- Via invoice payment – we ask for a PO number before we confirm so we don’t have any delays with invoicing. See the above section on POs for further details of invoicing
- Via credit card payment – when you receive your invoice, there is an option to pay via credit card
4. What are the payment terms for an in-house course?
We ask for payment within 30 days of invoicing for all courses.
If your company doesn’t operate a 30 day invoicing policy for suppliers, please get in touch.
5. I need to change the date of my in-house course, what do I do?
If you need to postpone or cancel a course please contact us urgently. There are two options open to you (as stated in out terms and conditions):
- If it’s outside of 20 working days before a course, we can cancel or postpone free of charge, we will send you new dates
- If it’s between 20 and 10 working days, you are liable to pay for 50% of the course cost. We can work on a new date for the course should you wish to postpone.
- If it’s within 10 working days of your course, you are liable to pay 100% of the course cost. We can work on a new date for the course should you wish to postpone.